Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Dilemmas

Wel, well

Choices are part of life, aren't they .. at the moment, I seem to be standing
at a five-way intersection, staring into the distance in all different directions
and wondering what the future will hold down each of the roads.

I got a call on this past Friday from the ESL school I'd had an interview with
in December, offering a specific position in Japan. I haven't got the details just
yet ... telephone tag is a fun game to play .. but I expect I'll hear sometime today

I've applied, or am in the process of applying to a couple of University programs .. teacher's college in Kingston at Queen's University, and the Master of Policy Administration at Carleton .. both seem interesting.

Perhaps most unusual, I received a call from an old colleague looking to hire someone for a small software company. There's no guarantees, but this is the first time in, literally, years that I've been called for a technical interview. So maybe the techie market is actually recovering ...

Anyway .. interesting times.

The opportunity in Japan both intrigues me, and scares me.

It's a huge change, moving halfway around the world and leaving behind everyone and everything that's familiar. There is a real fear that once I'm gone, people will forget about me, and the things and people I care about won't be here when I get back. There's no way of knowing what the outcome will be, so this would be an extraordinary leap of faith, and perhaps this is what makes me nervous.

I'll post more as this unfolds .. if anyone is reading, feel free to comment on my muddled ramblings and many possibilities.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home